The Certificate of Completion is usually added at the end of a course and awarded to the users based on specific requirements. For example, it will be awarded once the user successfully completes all questionnaires or all the learning activities of a course.
Create a Certificate of Completion
If you wish to create a Certificate of Completion:
2. Go to Courses, find your course & then go to its Contents tab.
3. Click on Add an Activity.
4. Under the Certificates category choose the Certificate of Completion type of learning activity.
5. Click on Save or Save & Edit if you wish to start editing right away.
Set up the Certificate of Completion
After you create the Certificate of Completion activity hover over and click on Settings.
You can choose the Title, Description, specify what the requirements are for awarding this certificate of completion, add a unit background image or extra material as a digital download, and choose if this activity should be password protected.
Edit & Customize the Certificate of Completion
After you create the Certificate of Completion hover over and click on Edit Certificate.
On the Certificate Candidate Details screen, you can:
- Preview the Certificate.
- Use the Default Certificate template.
- Enable the Custom Certificate template & Upload your custom certificate template (available in the Pro Trainer plan or higher). You can check how to create a PDF certificate via PDFescape in this article.
- See the available PDF keys.
Notes: If you have selected a custom PDF template but haven't uploaded one, the default certificate template will be used.
You can further customize the Certificate Screen by adding our available certificate fields. These are the custom fields you can include and populate some on the certificate by using the available Certificate PDF keys:
- First & Last Name: We recommend keeping these fields required so the Certificate will be personalized and register the user's personal details (name & last name).
- Short Text: You can ask a question so the users can place a short answer before claiming the certificate. You can choose the maximum and minimum characters of the answer.
- Dropdown: You can add a question with dropdown choices.
- Date: You can include a date-related question and let your users choose a date from the calendar.
- Consent: You can add a consent question and make the acceptance of all Consent options mandatory or Add tags to users who give particular responses.
- Content block.
You can add as many custom certificate fields as you want, and populate them on an external PDF fillable Editor while creating your custom Certificate template by using certificate PDF keys.
When you add a certificate PDF key for a certificate field (if available), e.g. cert_dropdown, you need to use the same PDF key in your PDF Editor when you create a custom PDF certificate. The key e.g. cert_dropdown can be used on the certificate template and populate the information/answer the user will submit on this specific certificate field.
Starting & Ending Screen
You can also add and customize the Starting & Ending Screen so you enrich the experience of your users before and after they submit their answers and claim their certificates.
The Starting screen is the first page that your users will see when they start the assessment. If you wish, you can remove and re-add it. You are able to modify the screen’s template by clicking on the Starting screen option. When the editing mode of the screen's template opens, you can add widgets, change the text, add questions, etc.
The Ending Screen appears once a user submits their details and claims the certificate.
How to Add a Widget
Hover over the added questions and click on the +icon to add widgets to your questions (text, buttons, images, embed code, etc).
How to Configure (Certificate) Settings
You can configure the Language of the UI texts of the Certificate and you can also allow Users to Share their Certificates on Social Media.
After a Certificate has been issued, all the details of the user and the respective course that the certificate is affiliated with, appear on Reports Center → Exams → Certifications where you can see and download the users' earned certificates.
You can find out more on how to manage your issued Certifications, in our respective article.
- Since admin Certificate submissions are stateless, the Certificates generated are dummy certificates to allow admins to perform multiple submissions.
- Each user can download the earned Certificate unlimited times with their submitted personal details on it (Name, Surname, Date of completion, Score, etc.) either from the course player or their profile page.
- You can also choose whether or not users will be able to share their certificates on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook