You can create Reporting Managers/Reporters, that will be able to view and export the users' progress, as well as manage the grades of the users, depending on the permissions that you will assign to each created reporting role (available in our Learning Center plans or higher).
For the Reporting Role Level, custom created or predefined Reporting roles that are available, you can grant access to particular areas of the platform, however, limit the displayed data only to those related to the User Segments and Courses assigned.
Reporting Role Permissions
The available permissions that can be assigned to the reporting roles are to View users, Manage User Segments, View user analytics, Export user analytics, Manage the Scheduled reports, View the activity history, Manage the Gradebook, Manage Certifications and Manage the Assignments of the users that are included in the assigned segment and course (it is not mandatory to choose a specific course).
The Reporter will be able to access the user reports, activities, or exams without accessing any other aspects of your platform. We provide two Predefined Reporting Roles, however, it is also feasible to create custom Reporting Roles with the aforementioned permissions.
The Predefined reporting roles offered are the following:
- Segment manager: The Segment Manager reviews the progress and manages the grade books and certifications of the users of a specific segment assigned to them.
- Segment reporter: The Segment Reporter reviews the progress of the users of a specific segment assigned to them.
How to Create a Reporting role
There are different ways to create a new Reporting role:
1. Navigate to Users → User Roles → Create new role and choose the Reporting role you wish to start from.
2. Navigate to Users → User Roles → Create Reporting role.
3. Navigate to Users → User Roles, hover over a predefined or custom role, and create one based on the specific role.
How to Assign a Reporting Role
When assigning a Reporting role you will need to:
- Specify the User segment that they will be able to have access to see the reports.
- Add the course allowed to edit, meaning that they will be able to have access to this course's grades (Gradebook, Certification, Assignment), to edit the grades, and see the user data only for the users in the segments that they are assigned. Note: This step is not mandatory.
Once the segment is created you can assign a Predefined or Custom Reporting Role in the process of adding a new user to your school (from the All users page or Users → Reporters), or by navigating to the Users → All users page, hovering over the manage field of the user you wish and click on Edit user.
Choose the Reporting Role (the Predefined or the Custom one), pick the Segment, and you can also assign a specific course to the particular user so that the reporter will have access to the user data.
You can see a list of your created Reporters, by navigating to Users → Reporters:
Simulate the Reporting Role
You can check the aspects of the platform that the specific reporting role is able to view without having access to the actual data, by hovering over the role on the User roles page and clicking on the Simulate option.