This is a quick guide on how to use Okta as your Authentication Provider for your Learnworlds school. Based on your setup you might alter these steps to meet your needs.
Create a new application with Okta
1. On the admin console choose Applications → Applications → Create App Integration.
2. Select SAML 2.0 as a Sign-in method.
3. In your LearnWorlds school go to Site Builder → Sign in/up and select SAML.
a. Add a new SAML
b. Activate SAML and add a name for this SAML solution.
c. From the LearnWorlds configuration page, copy the corresponding info
Service Provider (SP) URL
Audience URI (SP Entity ID)
Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL
Single sign-on URL
Paste it into your Octa configure SAML tab.
4. Press Next and on the next tab select, I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app and then Finish.
Set up SAML SSO
You need to add the correct setup information to your Learnworlds school.
1. From the application’s Sign-on tab press View Setup Instructions.
2. You will need to copy the following values to your Learnworlds setup.
Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL
Identity Provider Issuer
IDP Identifier (Entity ID)
Identity Provider Certificate
Find in OKTA the necessary info.
And paste it into your LearnWorlds school.
You are set to test and enjoy your SAML SSO integration; of course, do not forget to assign users to your new OKTA application.
If you're using SAML as an authentication method, it's mandatory to change the Site Navigation settings in the Payment Flow section for Logged-out users, as they will need to sign up/log in before proceeding to the payment page.
Also, you need to ensure that in all Payment Sections of your school's pages, 1-click Sales funnels, or the Payment Page of your school, the Sign in/up form option is set to hide since the user will not be able to sign in/up via the Learnworlds system.
- The changes in the Sign in/up page regarding SSO will have to be made by the LearnWorlds admin.
- If you wish to use our built-in Affiliate Management program, you should consider not using the SSO solution, since it will not be feasible to use this feature and track sales.
- If you select Okta the password update/reset functionality will not be available.
- If you want to use more than 3 custom SSO solutions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.