Stripe is one of our integrated payment gateways and is also the only one that supports subscription-based sales. Go to Settings → Financial → Payment Gateway, and click on the Stripe option.
1. Activate payments through Stripe.
2. Connect to your Stripe account (you need to keep the Stripe account you have connected and should NOT connect to a different one at a later time).
3. You can select whether you will be selling only by subscriptions and not individual courses. You can also check out our relevant guide here.
4. You have the ability to enable the Trial with a Credit card option and then your students should be required to add a credit card before starting a trial of a Subscription plan.
- If a school is set to sell only by subscriptions and a user is on a subscription trial, then they can see their remaining trial days on their Account.
- Remember in your Stripe account, on Settings → Subscription and Emails to have the Customer emails option deactivated, in order to avoid undesired charges on your customers.
- Make sure to leave the option Variants unchecked, so as to avoid course duplicates in your Stripe site:
- You can also accept payments through iDEAL, Bancontact, Giropay, SOFORT, PRZELEWY24, Klarna, Afterpay/Clearpay, Apple Pay, and Google Pay:
- If you wish to activate Mexican Stripe for your LearnWorlds school, make sure to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to assist you.
- The Sandbox option needs to be deactivated when the school goes live, to avoid paid course access without payment since, when in sandbox mode, no credit cards will actually be processed. This mode is offered only to test the payment flow & generate sample invoices.
- For the billing details that will be requested from the users during the checkout process navigate to the Billing Details tab. When Stripe is enabled, some standard billing info fields (Name, Address, Postal code, and Country) will automatically be activated and marked as required.
- When the School Admin enables Klarna, Afterpay, or Sofort as a payment option within the Stripe setup and the end-user has already chosen a country on the billing details section, the payment methods will be adjusted according to the country they have selected so that they do not have to complete this information again.
In case the ‘country’ field is required, in the billing details section, users will see this payment option available on the payment checkout page, select their country. There are two available scenarios here if the country is supported, the payment option is available or if the country is not supported, the payment option is disabled & upon hover, they are informed via a tooltip, that their country is not supported via e.g. Afterpay / Clearpay.
In case the ‘country’ field is not required in the billing details section, they will be able to see all the available payment options, select payment method (Klarna, Afterpay/ Clearpay, Sofort) and then under the payment method appears the country dropdown. The dropdown should present only the countries that support each payment method.
a. Once you connect your Stripe account and create your subscriptions and installments, you should NOT connect a different Stripe account, otherwise, you will not be able to receive payments from the users that purchased a subscription or installment while you had connected the original account. For any further inquiries on this note, you can contact us at email@example.com
b. If your users have already activated their subscription, you should NOT change the currency since your existing customers will not be able to pay in the new currency.
c. If a user requests a refund, you can refund this amount via your Stripe account. You can click here for more information.