If you are partnering with a team of people (agencies, freelancers, instructors, developers, designers, marketers, etc) who will help you build or manage your LearnWorlds school we ensure that you have full control over their access to your school.
You can manage the users' hierarchy, in order to set up your team's administrative and resource access to your school:
- By assigning Predefined roles
- Creating Custom User Roles.
We offer various levels of access to help you better organize and categorize the user's accessibility to your school. There are 3 main user Level Roles that segment your users in a more organized way:
1. Administrative roles: The administrative level roles grant full access to all or some areas of the platform.
2. Instructional roles: The instructional level roles, grant access to specific areas of the platform but limit the displayed data only to those related to the selected courses.
3. Reporting roles: The reporting level roles, grant access to specific areas of the platform but limit the displayed data only to those related to the selected segments and courses.
You will find more on how to manage the User Roles and Permissions in this article.
Note: Each access level (Administrative, Instructional, Reporting) grants access to different permissions and data. So each role has different permissions and will have access to different parts and data of the platform.
For your convenience, we have created for each user level Predefined roles based on the most common needs of school creators. To find the Pre-defined Roles go to Users → All Users → User Roles.
Predefined Roles cannot be deleted, their role level cannot change, but you can edit them and modify (add/ remove) the pre-selected permissions and reset them to the original permissions.
Hover over each predefined role to Edit, Create a new role based on the predefined one, Compare roles, Simulate the role access, to Reset to the original predefined roles.
Notes: The Admin role is a system role hence cannot be deleted or edited. It has by default all the permissions of the system and access to all data, so you can only create a new one based on this, Compare, and Simulate.
You can check all the Predefined User Roles per level:
Administrative predefined roles
- Admin: Grant Admins full access to the system.
- Developer: Enable Developers to build your website, add custom code, and set up the API, integrations, and webhooks without accessing the course contents, price, and general settings.
- Website designer: Give Web Designers the tools they need to build your website without accessing the course contents, price, and general settings.
- Mobile Manager: Enable Mobile Managers to finalize the setup of your mobile apps.
- Marketer: Give Marketers the tools they need to manage your marketing and sales strategy such as coupons, plan promotions, bundles, affiliates, leads, sales, analytics, etc.
- Customer support: Enable the Support Team to quickly resolve any issues, by viewing what your customers see (Login as a user), managing your users, and accessing the activity log
- Financial manager: Enable the Accounting Team to manage sales, subscriptions, invoice settings, and financial settings. Grant them access to view users and sales analytics.
- Affiliate manager: Enable Affiliate Managers to manage the affiliates by creating affiliates, managing affiliate settings, approving affiliate payments, etc.
Instructional predefined roles
- Course creator: Upgrade an Instructor to Course Creator and grant them special permissions to create, manage, and publish their courses.
- Instructor: Enable Instructors to manage courses assigned to them, without being able to create new courses.
- Assistant instructor: Enable Assistant Instructors to review assignments and grade the courses assigned to them.
Reporting predefined roles
- Segment manager: Enable Segment Managers to review the progress and manage the Gradebook and certifications of the users of a specific segment assigned to them.
- Segment reporter: Enable Segment Reporters to review the progress of the users of a specific segment assigned to them.