The Facebook Business SDK gives you access to the Facebook suite of business APIs allowing you to build unique and customized solutions to serve your businesses and clients. In this article, you will find all of the information needed to set up and connect Facebook Business SDK with your mobile app.
Set up and Integrate Facebook Business SDK with your Mobile app
1. Go to your Facebook developer account and click on Create app.
2. Select Business as an app type to make sure you leverage all features such as Facebook ads tracking.
3. Enter a Display name. Note that It can be anything but for convenience, you can use your mobile app’s name as configured in the stores. Fill in the rest of the info (app contact email) and create your app.
4. Once you have created the app, copy the App ID and the Display Name of your app:
Navigate to your LearnWorlds school under Mobile App → Prepare your app → Integrations, activate Facebook Business SDK, and paste the Apple ID and Display Name of your app onto the Facebook App ID field.
5. On your Facebook app’s page, go to Settings → Advanced and copy the Client token.
Navigate to your LearnWorlds school under Mobile App → Prepare your app → Integrations, and paste it onto the Facebook Client Token field.
After the app has been created you will be asked to add products to your app. Make sure you add App Events so that all of the important events such as downloads, installs, purchases, and other custom events are being sent to Facebook analytics.
1. Click on Set up to get started.
2. Click on Quickstart to set up app events for iOS and Android respectively.
3a. Guide for iOS:
- In Step 1: Set up your development environment you can keep the default option SDK Swift package manager and click next to proceed.
- In Step 2: Configure Your Information Property List fill in the Bundle ID field. You can find and copy it on Learnworld’s admin tool, under Mobile App → Prepare your app → Integrations. After you have filled it in, click Save and Continue. You can skip the following steps and you are now ready to go!
3b. Guide for Android:
- Skip steps 1, 2, and 3 (Click next to continue).
- In Step 4: Tell Us about Your Android Project, fill in the Package Name and Default Activity Class Name fields. You can find and copy them on Learnworld’s admin tool, under Mobile App → Prepare your app → Integrations. After you have filled them in, click Save and Continue.
- In Step 5: Add Your Development and Release Key Hashes, fill in the key hash. You can find and copy it on Learnworld’s admin tool, under Mobile App → Prepare your app → Integrations. After you have filled that in, click Save and Continue. You are now ready to go!