Site Flavors allow an administrator to safely create an alternative version of a school’s site in just a few clicks. This is a fantastic feature for those who would like to make short-term changes to their site, without compromising the site’s original design.
While creating your LearnWorlds trial account you can choose your template from a variety of professionally-designed, beautiful, and ready-to-go site templates from LearnWorlds.
In the Starter and Pro trainer plan, you can have only one site design, but for the Learning Center plan or higher, you can create multiple Site Flavors.
Create Site Flavors
1. Navigate to Site Builder → Site Flavors, and Create a site flavor, or click on Clone, to create a clone of the active site. By cloning the site a complete copy of the school’s site will be produced, including pages and product descriptions.
2. Select a Theme, give your new Site flavor a name, and click on Create Site Flavor.
3. As soon as you create your Site flavor, you can click Εdit in Site Builder, so you can begin making changes. You can use Theme Explorer and start customizing your pages. Note that the Pages Manager of the Site Flavor you are editing will only show the pages of the current Site Flavor.
4. Once finished, Activate your new site flavor and see the results.
Site Flavors give you time to elaborate changes to your site! Should you want to build a totally fresh version of your school’s site, you can create a new site flavor, select a theme, and start building on your own time.
- You can Activate, Preview, Clone, Edit in the Site Builder, Edit the Pages, and Rename and Delete each of your created Site Flavors.
- Users will not be able to view any edits until you Activate the site flavor.
- Custom pages (manually created) are not transferrable between Site Flavors: when you create a new Site Flavor the custom-made pages cannot be transferred automatically to the new Site Flavor. However, you can visit the old Site Flavor, copy all sections, go to the new site flavor, create a new page and paste all sections there so you can transfer the content of the page in the old Site Flavor manually to the page of the new Site Flavor.