What is the Interactive Video Editor?
The Video Editor is our powerful tool that offers you advanced functionalities to add elements to your videos and turn them into an interactive, unique experience.
How to Use the Interactive Video Editor
You can use the LearnWorlds Interactive Video Editor within the Video learning activities in your courses.
3. Hover over the Video Learning Activity and click on Edit Video.
4. You will get directed to the Interactive Video Editor environment.
In which Video Learning Activities can I use it?
- If you add a video learning activity and use Vimeo or Wistia links as a source, you can also add elements (thumbnails, subtitles, and interactive transcripts are not supported). You can find all the steps on how to use each source here.
- If you add interactive elements to a video and decide to change the video later and upload a new one on the same learning activity, the interactive elements will stay intact.
What features can I use?
The features of our interactive Video Editor are both simple elements (text, images, thumbnails, watermarks, and player skin) and interactive ones (interactions, subtitles, transcript):
You can add the text or image of your choice to your videos, choose among various templates, select the duration, and further customize their appearance and behavior through the settings panel. Check here how to add texts and images.
Add buttons, offers, questions, or even embed code in your video. Need to add some? Check here to learn how.
Create a table of contents and add your headings to categorize your videos into smaller parts and let your users easily navigate across them. Click here to learn how to add yours.
Subtitles are important for so many reasons. You can have users from different countries and languages, and your users can always join them even if they don't have to turn the voice on, but mostly it's a wonderful way for people with hearing disabilities to stay connected. Subtitles can either be added by uploading your .srt file or autogenerated (autogeneration is available in our Learning Center plan and above). Check out how to add your subtitles.
The uniqueness, in this case, is that you don't have to generate the transcription. The Video Editor will do that for you. Once it's created, you can further edit the text if you wish or download the transcript. You can also have your transcription created from your subtitles. Click here to learn how to create yours.
You can choose to add a watermark of your school logo, school name, user's email, or user's id, which can easily be set in your Copyright Protection settings. If you want to learn how to add your watermark, click here.
You can choose among a variety of player skins the one that better matches your school's look and feel. Just one step to go.
Video stats can help you see users' engagement, views, and audience stats to adjust and develop your content even more. Video Statistics are available if you use the Learnworlds provider for your videos. Learn more about video stats here.
List of elements
You can check the list of the elements you have added, in the order of their appearance, so that you can check the flow for the best and easier editing of your videos.
* Subtitles can either be added by uploading your .srt file or autogenerated. The importation of a .srt file is available in the Pro Trainer plan, the subtitle autogeneration requires upgrading to the Learning Center plan.
You can find useful information on how to upload, set up and manage your videos here.