For your convenience, in LearnWorlds you are able to perform bulk actions to manage your users easier and faster. One of those actions is Bulk Import users into your school.
To Bulk Import users in your school:
1. Navigate to Users → All Users.
2. Hover over Bulk actions, and click on Import users.
3. Prepare your .xls or .xlsx file. Each Bulk action option offers a dynamic and default template as an excel file. You can download it, add the data and re-upload it. The template file contains 2 mandatory columns: Username, Email, and 2 optional columns: Tags, Password.
If you have created Custom Sign-up fields, the respective columns will automatically appear in your excel file. In order to add values to the custom fields on your import files, ensure that:
- Date/Birthdate field: The Date format must be MM/DD/YYYY
- Checkbox field: Checkbox values can be 1 (string or number) or yes, meaning the checkbox is checked. Anything else is considered false (checkbox unchecked)
- Dropdown and Radio buttons fields: Add any of the options you have added as the possible options of the signup field or leave them empty.
Note: If the Sign-up field is required, this will be reflected in your excel file (Required). In case the fields are required and you have activated Sign up validation rules in the side form (step 6), and you don't add a value, the user will not be imported. You need to add value in order for the import to be successful.
Here is an example of the file:
4. Specify tags that will be added to all users included in the file. If you have already added these tags to the file, skip this step.
5. Select if you want to update the user's details if the user already exists.
6. Select if you want to enable the validation rules of custom sign-up fields. If you haven't activated validation rules for your custom sign-up fields, remember to add a value or leave the respective field empty (if not required), or obey the validation rules (if required) in the file created before.
7. Choose if you want to send a welcome email to the imported users.
8. Add a Name for Users Actions log, to identify the progress of your Bulk action.
9. Click on Import users.
As shown above, during Bulk Import you can choose to send a Welcome email to the users upon registration/import. This means that the users will receive the When a learner is imported by admin notification email.
You can check how to edit the Registration Emails of your school here.
- To find the record of your Bulk actions, navigate to Report Center → Users Action Log. You can find more about the Users Action Log here.
- It's important not to make any changes to the Headers row when downloading the default template. The titles should remain the same and not be re-ordered, renamed or additional added. Otherwise, the import will not be completed.
- Make sure to clear the format when copy-pasting information in your excel file, such as links on the emails or rich format on font styles. Otherwise, the import will not be completed.