To enable your users to purchase your courses from within your Android Mobile App, you will need to make sure to set up the in-app purchases associated with your app correctly.
Adding your payment details and taxation information
If you have not set up your payment information, please follow the below steps first:
1. Navigate to Setup → Payments profile and click on Create payments profile.
2. Click on Create payments profile and then fill in your business details and add a primary contact.
3. Complete the Public merchant profile information.
4. Click on Add Payment Method.
5. Fill in your Payment details and click on Save.
Set up your App to receive In-app purchases
To set up your App to be able to receive In-app purchases, complete the following steps:
1. Head over to Google Play Console → All Apps.
2. Select your LearnWorlds App from the list.
3. On the left side menu, scroll down to Monetize.
4. Select Monetize → Products → In-App products.
5. In the upper right, click on Create Product.
6. Insert the Product ID and its details as well as the price.
To find the product ID of your course, you need to navigate to the course's Access tab:
In Google, the maximum length for the Product ID is 142 characters.
Pricing Tiers: Depending on your app’s language, there are different pricing tiers that apply. You can find all the necessary information here.
- If you have translated the app listing to multiple languages, Google will transform the price to the local currency. The primary language will apply to the languages it has not been translated for.
- In-app purchases are for one-off payments for courses only, while subscriptions and bundles cannot be purchased through the mobile app.
- Do not enable the "Multi-quantity" option, as it will cause errors for your In-App, causing it to not be displayed within your Android App.
7. Click on Activate, and you have successfully created the in-app purchase!
Note: After adding the in-app purchase, the course will take some time to display in the app.
Fill in the rest of the fields with valid information about the specific product. The currency in which the in-app purchase will be initially set depends on the country of the payment profile previously set up.
Attention! After creating the in-app purchase you should make sure not to delete it because Google does not allow the same product ID to be added to another in-app purchase (even if the other one has been deleted). It is mandatory for the product ID to match your course ID, thus you should make sure not to delete but only edit the in-app purchase upon creation.
Finalize the process
To finalize the process, head over to the Google Play Console and access the Settings tab.
Head over to Developer Account → Payments Profile and Insert your payment method information to receive future payments.
Navigate to Mobile app → Launch App in your LearnWorlds school, and in the Play Store field click on Continue.
Remove in apps
On your Google Play Console https://play.google.com/console/developers select your App, then navigate to the left sidebar further down, under Products in the Monetize menu, and click on In-app products.
Then, from the list of your In-App Products, select the one you want to deactivate/delete.
In the top right corner, you have the option to
- Deactivate, and temporarily remove the product from your available-to-purchase courses.
- Delete, permanently delete the product from your available-to-purchase courses. Note that if you delete it, you cannot add it again with the same ProductID.
Then click on Save changes at the bottom.
- It is feasible to add courses after the Android App is live. Free Courses appear with no additional setup. Paid courses will need to be set up as In-App Purchases to be available from within the App.
- To offer free sections in a Paid course, the specific course will need to be added as an In-App purchase. Once the course is added, the users can view the free sections before purchasing.