HubSpot is an inbound marketing and sales software that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and attract customers. It includes all the tools you need to do inbound marketing: email, sites, SEO, Marketing Automation, Landing Pages, Analytics, Social Media, Blogging, and many more.
HubSpot integration with LearnWorlds makes it easy for you to sync user data to HubSpot from a large pool of user LearnWorlds properties, and choose from a wide pool of activity events that can take place in Learnworlds and enable them to fire automatically in Hubspot.
Activate HubSpot in your LearnWorlds School
1. Login to your LearnWorlds account.
2. Navigate to Settings → Integrations → CRM tools.
3. Click on Activate option and on Connect to HubSpot.
4. You will be redirected to Hubspot's page (app.hubspot.com) in order to authorize your LearnWorlds account and eventually, connect it to Hubspot. You need to select the Hubspot account you would like to connect to your LearnWorlds school, and click on Choose account → Connect App.
How to Update your HubSpot Contacts with User Information
You can define which user information should flow into HubSpot and map it with existing contact properties in your HubSpot account or generate new contact properties and map them on the fly. In the first column, you can select one of the available LearnWorlds properties and in the second one, you can select one of the existing contact HubSpot properties in order to map them. If there is no matching option available in the HubSpot property field, you can always create a new one.
To create a new one:
1. Click on HubSpot field,
2. Select Create property.
3. Add a Property Name and choose a property type.
A school admin (and the Instructor with the respective permissions) can view synced properties in the Hubspot contacts:
1. Log in to your Hubspot account, and select the Contact option.
2. Click on a user → Actions → View all properties, and track propertiess' results.
In the HubSpot environment, the newly created Hubspot property will be shown as LearnWorlds properties (Name of your Business).
Available LearnWorlds properties:
- General Information
User ID, Email, Username, First name, Last name, EU customer, Role level, Role name, Is user affiliate, Referral id, Tags, NPS score, NPS comment, Is a user admin, Signup Approval status.
- Signup Fields
UTM source (first click), UTM medium (first click), UTM campaign (first click), UTM term (first click), UTM content (first click), Landing page (first click), Referrer (first click), Country (first click), UTM source (last click), UTM medium (last click), UTM campaign (last click), UTM term (last click), UTM content (last click), Landing page (last click), Referrer (last click), Country (last click).
- Billing Details (if enabled)
Name, Address, City, Postal code, Country, and Business Tax ID.
- Usage Overview
Registration date, Last login date, Number of certificates, Names of certificates, Number of courses, Courses, Last purchase date, Subscription name, Is on trial, Trial expired.
- The Signup fields and Billing details LearnWorlds properties, will also contain any Custom Sign-up fields that you create.- You need to have consistency among LearnWorlds and Hubspot property types. When you use a [string] property type in LearnWorlds's property field, you should select a [string] one to map in Hubspot's as well.
Update your HubSpot Contacts with Timeline Events
Timeline Events refer to specific events that, when triggered in your school, can be reflected in your HubSpot account, in the context of the respective HubSpot contacts. You can select which events you would like to see as Timeline Events in your HubSpot contacts. A school admin (and the Instructor with the respective permissions) can see specific Timeline events of your users in the Activities tab of your HubSpot account.
To view Timeline Events results, you need to:
1. Log in to your Hubspot account, select the Contact option
2. Click on a user → Actions → Activities
3. Track the Timeline events results.
Available Timeline Events:
- User registration and management
Add event when a new user signs up.
Add event when a new user is created.
Add an event when a selected tag is added to a user.
Add an event when a selected tag is removed from a user.
Add an event when a user opts-in to receive email marketing material from their school.
Add an event when a user opts-out of receiving email marketing material from their school.
Add an event when a user gets deleted.
Add an event when a user gets suspended.
Add an event when the user's username gets updated.
- User-course enrollment
Add an event when a user enrolls in a course.
Add an event when a user completes their first product purchase
Add an event when a user is unenrolled from a course.
Add an event when a user signs up for a subscription plan.
Add an event when a user previews a free section of a paid course.
- User - course progress
Add an event when a user completes a course.
- User - certificate
Add an event when a user is awarded a certificate.
Update the HubSpot Contact Lifecycle Stage Property
The HubSpot lifecycle stage property allows you to track and manage your contacts based on where they are in the customer journey. This property lets you categorize the users as Subscribers, Leads, Marketing Qualified Leads, Sales Qualified Leads, Opportunity, Customers, and Evangelists, based on their engagement with your company. Essentially, by enabling this setting, you select whether the value of the Lifecycle Stage Property in HubSpot should change from 'Lead' to 'Customer' when a user becomes a paying customer in the school. You can find more information here.
Sync Contacts to HubSpot
Synchronizing your contacts to HubSpot is recommended only for the first time you set up the HubSpot integration (this action may take some time to complete so please be patient). You need to click on Sync your contacts with HubSpot button.
Enable Tracking Code
You can also enable the option to inject the HubSpot tracking code into your school’s website available for Pro trainer plans or higher.
The HubSpot tracking code allows the automated tracking of visitors, page views, and events on your website. It can also monitor the Contact/Lead Capture forms and collect the submitted data to create new Contacts in Hubspot. Read Track visitors in Hubspot and Set up site tracking in HubSpot for more information on what the HubSpot tracking code can help you achieve.
1. Navigate to your Hubspot account and copy this integration’s tracking code embed code in the appropriate text field. The embed code can be found under Settings → Account Setup → Tracking Code. You can find more information here.
2. Go to your LearnWorlds school, navigate to Settings → Integrations → CRM tools, and scroll down to the Enable Tracking Code option.
3. Paste the embed code. Click on Save to save your changes.
After adding the embed code, the system will keep only the field that is required to connect your school with your Hubspot account.
The tracking code can be used to update contacts’ data in HubSpot. You can always prevent contact properties from being updated by the tracking code API, by switching off the Allow tracked events to update contact properties option, in your Advanced Tracking settings.
You can watch how a new user is created in LearnWorlds and where you track this data in HubSpot.
- If you have enabled the GDPR toolkit, your users will need to accept the targeting/ marketing cookies for them to be added to your HubSpot contacts upon Sign-Up.
- If you make any changes to an existing user's account, like changing their username, the user whose details have changed will need to sign in at least once after you have modified their information for the changes to cascade over to your HubSpot contacts.