In LearnWorlds, all your courses can be viewed and purchased via compact and easy-to-understand Course Cards. The Course Catalogue cards are part of the Products section and are an eye-catching point of attraction since they offer a brief summary (title, image, description, author, etc.) of your course.
You will find how you can customize the appearance of the Course Cards in this article.
Add the Course Catalogue (Course Cards) section
You can add the Course Catalogue section to any page of your school so users can always find an easy way to compare between courses/products and purchase the one they desire.
1. Click on Site Builder → Edit School Site.
2. Choose any page you want to edit from the Page Manager.
3. Hover over the page and click on +Add Section.
4. Find the Course Catalogue under the Products. Choose the template of your desire.
5. Click on Save.
You can also share the Products section for Bundles.
And Subscriptions for your users to have an overview of what to purchase.
- The Products templates will not display Private or Draft courses on the page, as these course types remain unlisted/unpublished.
- Click here for more information on changing the order of your courses, as depicted in the Course Cards.
Edit Course Cards
After adding the Course Catalogue (Course Cards) section, hover over and click on Edit course cards. The editing side form will appear. After adding a section to your page, you may want to modify the section's general settings, actions, and layout settings in the Sideform.
In the side form that appears for the Course Catalogue (Course Cards) section, you can edit a variety of settings:
- Show courses: Initially, you can select which courses to show on your Course Cards:
- My courses
- Not Enrolled
- With certificate
- By author
- In Bundle
- Custom List
- Search term
You can even create a Custom list of specific courses:
- Course card layout: Change the course’s card layout.
- No of cards loaded: Show all cards or enable paging (You can choose whether all the cards will be displayed all at once, or how many specific cards will appear per row).
- When clicked: Choose the action when the course cards are clicked. You can set up where the buttons on the course cards will direct users. You will find more information in this article.
- Card appearance: Change the appearance of the course card (show price, optimize image, show ribbon for discounted prices).
- Filters: Choose whether you wish to display filters to make course navigation easier (and choose the specific filters you wish to show).
- Enroll and Load more buttons: Customize the Enroll and Load more buttons.
Automatic Enroll Buttons
The Enroll buttons on the Course Cards are Automatic System Buttons that set up the course navigation & purchase flow of your users.
With the When clicked setting, you can set up where the buttons on the course cards will direct users. You will find more information in this article.
Apply a Coupon code to the Course Cards
You can apply a Coupon code directly to the Course Catalogue (Course Cards) section.
First, create a coupon promotion that will apply to all of your courses and bundles and pre-select the respective promotion so the users will not need to add any coupon code to the Payment page manually. This way, you will offer a pre-fixed promotion across your whole school and all the courses at once. To achieve this, you need to:
1. Create the coupon for All courses (and/or Bundles).
2. Add the Course section to any page of your school.
3. Click on Edit Course Cards.
4. Set up the When clicked action: Go to checkout → Apply coupon (choose the coupon).
5. Click on Save.
Once the users click on the course card of the course they wish to purchase, they will be directed to the Payment page, where the coupon will be already applied. In this article, you can also find out how to give direct access to a Payment Page with an already applied coupon.