Your brand color choice has a powerful impact on how your customers perceive your business. You can find a list with some recommended articles on how to choose your brand color schemes:
- The Simplest Way to Choose Your Brand Colors in Just 2 Steps
- Choose Your Brand Colors Like A Pro
- Your Brand is More Than Black and White
- How To Decide Color Schemes For Websites And Brand?
Before modifying your school's color scheme, you can also select our Premade Default colors in the Theme Explorer tab, as recommended by our Designers. If you would like to change the color scheme according to your business branding colors:
1. Go to Site Builder → Theme Explorer
2. Or go to Site Builder → Edit School Site → Design
3. Choose the Colors tab.
These represent your school’s brand identity and help establish familiarity with your users. They generally consist of one main color and two supporting accent colors.
It is recommended not to choose white as your primary brand color with white backgrounds since it may affect the visibility of the text.
You can set up your page sections' background colors. Most websites use three different background colors for each of their sections.
Choosing a dark or light background won’t necessarily work with the selected text colors. You may select which text color is displayed with your Brand & Background colors. Toggle dark or light text for each color by clicking on the option displayed below each color box.
When editing colors on the page, the colors you selected within the Theme Explorer appear as the background color on the side form while editing your school's pages. We recommend using these colors to maintain consistency across your school’s site.
Note: Selecting a background color from your color scheme will change both the background and text colors. Keep in mind that using a color outside of your scheme will only change the background and you’ll need to manually update the text.
Specifically, the top row (theme explorer colors) changes the background color using a CSS class, which is what allows the text to change, while the rest of the colors are added as inline styles. Thus it carries no information regarding text, just change the background color.
Click on a color box to open the Color Palette.
1. On your right, the left slide bar will adjust the hue.
2. The right slide bar adjusts the transparency.
3. You may also select a color by entering a HEXA.
4. Or you may also select one by using the RGB code.
5. Choosing a color will add it to Your Color Scheme for easy access. We recommend using these colors when designing your individual pages.
Note: If you are unsatisfied with the changes and color palette, you can always click Reset colors and begin anew.