You can now schedule the automatic extraction and dispatching with email (your recipients will receive a link where they can download the report), to specific recipients, of User Segments and User Progress reports.
In this article, you can see how you are able to create and set up a scheduled report, and monitor the reports through your Reports log page.
Create a Scheduled report
1. By clicking on Reports Center → User Progress.
2. By clicking on Reports Center → User Segments.
3. In the View Segments option on your User progress and User Segments page.
4. By navigating to Reports Center → Scheduled Reports.
Set up your Scheduled report
In the menu that appears you can organize and set up your reports:
1. Set up a title.
2. Select the user segments that will be included in the report. You can choose from the Preset Segments or from your User Segments:
3. Select the type of data you need for the report. You can choose from a simple list of users or a User progress report.
4. Choose the Report Frequency, select the time and timezone that the report will be created and set the time period that the report will be created (the "Run once" option excludes the "Set time period" field):
5. Select the type of file for the extracted reports for the List of users option. Note that, for the User progress reports the file type is set to XLS by default.
6. Choose whether you wish to inform the report's recipients upon preparation and set up the email notification.
7. Select the recipients of the scheduled reports. You can add as many email addresses as you wish, separated by a comma, and use variables in the email template.
- In the Learning Center plans you can have up to 20 active scheduled reports at a time and in the High Volume up to 200.
- The Report link received in emails is valid for about 1 week. However, admins can download reports without problem from the Reports log page.
Scheduled Reports page
On your Scheduled Reports page, you can create, view, edit, delete, and disable a Scheduled Report.
- You can filter your reports by Type.
- You can enable/disable a task, via the Status field.
- You can click on the created report, or hover over Edit Scheduler to edit your scheduled reports.
- You can view the Schedule History of an enabled scheduled report, by clicking Schedule History.
- By clicking on Schedule History you will also be able to download all of the completed scheduled reports.
Reports log page
Navigate to Reports Center → Reports log for an overview of your scheduled reports (such as the Status, Type, and format of the task file).