In LearnWorlds, there are different ways to host live sessions/webinars. You can integrate your Webex account into your LearnWorlds school. After Webex is integrated, you can start creating Webex Learning Activities in your courses since live Webex sessions are part of your course's activities.
How to Create Webex Learning Activities
2. Go to Courses, find your course & then go to its Contents tab.
3. Click on Add an Activity.
4. Choose the Live session category and select Webex meeting activity.
5. Click on Save or Save & Edit to edit the activity immediately.
How to Set up a Webex Meeting
A course author can set up most of the common settings provided by Webex, including:
- Webex Account: If you have additional Webex accounts connected (available in our Learning Center plan or higher), you will be able to choose the Webex account associated with the learning activity.
- Webex topic
- Webex description
- When (Date/Time)
- Replay Video: You can choose to keep a record of the meeting on the Zoom cloud. You will find more details in this article.
- Password - If you do not add a password, Webex will autogenerate one for you.
- Enable chat feature
- Enable meeting record
How to Start and Manage Live Sessions
You can create as many Live Sessions as possible in as many courses as possible. The school owner can review and edit all the scheduled live sessions inside their courses in a clear calendar view (Webex live sessions appear in green color).
You can see the meeting setup properties if you click on any of the upcoming live sessions in the calendar. Upcoming meetings, as listed in the calendar view, also include the ability to start the live session. So this calendar functions as the dashboard for all your live sessions.
The Upcoming and Previous tabs list all previous and coming live sessions with similar administration functionality. Additionally, from these lists, you can access the course in which the meeting belongs and also perform the following actions:
- Start session
- Edit session
- Delete session
How Can users Participate in Webex Meetings
Users can access your meetings only if they are enrolled in the courses that include the respective Live Session learning activities. They have to access the course (enrolling in the free course or buying a paid course), initialize the course player, and click on their Live Session learning activity.
Once the instructor/school admin starts the meeting, the students can join the meeting and be redirected to the Webex app.
How can Users Add the Live Session to their Calendar
LearnWorlds also supports the Add to Calendar option so users can add the live sessions to their Calendar.
You need to add an Events Calendar Widget/Section to your school's pages and enable the Add to Calendar option, as shown below.
Then users can visit the Events Calendar Widget/Section, click on the Add to Calendar option and choose if they want a placeholder event to be created to their Google, Apple, Outlook.com, Microsoft 365, Yahoo, or iCal File for the Webex Live Session.
Otherwise, users can also add the live session to their Calendar from the Course Player by visiting the Zoom learning activity and clicking on Add to Calendar, which appears in the Course Player by default.
In the chosen calendar, the Zoom event title (name of learning activity), the date & time, and the direct Webex link (not the learning activity) will be displayed so users can access it directly in the Webex environment.
How to Delete Webex Meetings
You can delete a Webex meeting in two ways:
- You can delete the Webex learning activity of a course
- You can delete a Webex from the Live Sessions page
If you delete a Webex activity either from the Live sessions page or by deleting the course activity, the meeting will not be deleted from your Webex account (you can always delete it from within your account).
Each Meeting can be in the following states:
- Pending → has not started yet
- In Progress → has started, not ended yet
- Finished → has started, has been ended by the instructor
Track User Progress/Attendance
You can easily track the user progress/attendance for your Webex Learning activities and even manually mark the live session as completed. You will find more information in this article.