In this article, you will find more information on how to make a test purchase using Sandbox. Sandbox is excellent for when you’re building your school. It helps you design the paths to and after purchase in an optimal way. In this way, you can be sure that everything runs smoothly.
The Sandbox option needs to be deactivated when the school goes live, to avoid paid course access without payment since when in sandbox mode, no credit cards will actually be processed. This Sandbox mode is offered only to test the payment flow & generate sample invoices.
1. Navigate to Settings → Financial → Payment gateway and activate Sandbox (it is activated by default if you have not selected a payment gateway).
2. Sign up for your own school as a simple user.
3. Find your favorite course and click on Enroll.
4. On the Payment page you will notice that the credit card details are prefilled for you, with some test credentials. Kindly note that these credentials are not editable and are prefilled automatically - if you hover over the payment method you will also see a darker background appearing with the information that the form is prefilled for testing purposes.
5. Click on Buy, and you have now "purchased" a course using the Sandbox mode as your payment gateway.
Once you complete the "payment" you will receive your invoice, and you alternate any field that you want to change in your admin settings. You can see how to customize your invoices here.
In case you need more information about our available payment gateways, you can check this article here.
- SandboxThe Sandbox option needs to be deactivated when the school goes live, to avoid paid course access without payment since when in sandbox mode, no credit cards will actually be processed. The Sanbox mode is offered only to test the payment flow & generate sample invoices.
- With the Sandbox option, you can only test course purchases and not subscriptions/installments. For subscriptions/installments, it is required to activate Stripe as your payment gateway.