In this article, you will find information on all there is to know about creating courses. Once you create your school, you can start creating and selling your courses.
Different Types of Courses
You can have 6 different types of courses: Paid, Draft, Coming Soon, Enrollment Closed, Free, and Private. You can find more about the different course types here.
Course Sections & Learning Activities
Each course is divided into sections, and each section can include learning activities.
Sections can be set as a draft, soon, free, or paid to manage your courses better. Check out how to use sections and organize your courses here.
Learning activities are divided into these categories:
Multimedia: Video, Ebook, Pdf, SCORM/HTML 5 Package, YouTube, SoundCloud, Audio
Live session: Live Meetings & Webinars With Zoom & Live Meetings & Webinars with Webex, 1:1 session, Group Session
Exams - Self Assessments: Self Assessments, Graded Exams, Graded SCORM package
Forms: Create surveys bound to your courses and receive feedback from your users.
Certificates: Certificate & Certificate of Completion
Embed: Embed, Slideshare & External Link
You can find out more information on the supported learning activities here.
Each course consists of tabs where you can set up your preferences. They allow you to customize each course separately to fit your needs. In the course overview, you can find the following Course tabs:
- Layout Page: The cover of your course, which introduces your users to the content and allows your users to enroll.
- Contents: You can create, edit, and supplement your course with valuable content with learning activities.
- Access: Select the course's access type, find the URL, and set up an expiration date or drip feed.
- Pricing: Set up the course price and manage the related installment plans, Bundles, or Subscriptions.
- Settings: Customize your course card, add the course to a category, and manage course SEO.
- Course Player: Change the course player skin, customize the course player, and specify the user navigation.
- Video library: Upload videos.
- Dashboard: View an overall report of your course
The main purpose of the SEO configuration for your courses is to make the course pages more easily discoverable by search engines and properly index their information.
For more information about the process, you can check out our relevant guide: How to Configure a course's SEO
Course Layout page Vs. Course player
The Course layout page is the welcome page of your course where users can find more information about the course, check the contents (according to the contents sections you have added), and enroll. If the course were a book, the layout page would be the book cover.
The Course player is the classroom where the course takes place. As soon as a user enrolls in the course, the course content (learning activities you have created) appears in the course player.
Once you create the course, add the content, and set up your preferences, you are ready to start selling it. However, what about some more useful tips? Check out the following links: