If you are an existing customer and you were already using the Legacy Builder, although you have been migrated to a new environment, we have kept your previous site intact hence your Legacy Questionnaire Learning Activities have been kept intact as well.
When you migrate a legacy questionnaire and certificate to the new Assessment Builder:
- All data will be copied to the new assessment.
- You can take your time and evaluate the new assessment builder. No permanent actions will be taken before you complete the migration.
- Your students will keep seeing the legacy questionnaire until you complete the migration process.
- The migration process does not affect the already enrolled students and their course progress.
Important Note: Basically, the new Assessment learning activity will replace the Legacy Questionnaire Learning Activity, and your students' answers & grades will not be affected if migrating to a Graded Assessment (Exam). Hence it is very important to pay attention if choosing to migrate your legacy graded learning activity to a Graded or Non-graded learning activity in the new assessment builder.
Legacy Questionnaires (Learning Activities)
Your Legacy Questionnaires have been kept intact, and you can migrate them to the new Assessment environment. The Legacy Questionnaires are:
- Quiz (Legacy)
- Exam (Legacy)
- Assignment (Legacy)
- File Assignment (Legacy)
- Certificate (Legacy)
- Certificate of Completion (Legacy)
How to visit the Legacy Questionnaire Environment
If you hover over a Legacy Questionnaire learning activity & click on Edit legacy questionnaire or Settings you are taken to the legacy environment.
Saving any changes in the legacy environment rolls back to the legacy assessment version. After the migration is complete (see below), you will be editing the new assessment and won't be able to access the legacy questionnaire environment anymore for the migrated learning activity.
Migrate Legacy Questionnaires
In order to migrate the Legacy Questionnaires to the new Assessment Builder:
1. Go to Courses and find the created course.
2. In the Course sections, hover over the legacy learning activities and click on the Migrate to new Builder button.
3. In the next prompt, click on Migrate.
3. a When you wish to migrate a legacy Assignment Learning Activity (Graded), you will be prompted to choose if you want to be migrated to one of the following (new assessment) question types of specific non-graded or graded learning activities:
- Text Assignment (Graded Exam)
- Write your views/goals/emotions (Non-graded Self-Assessment)
- Diary (Non-graded Self-Assessment)
If you choose the Write your views/goals/emotions or Diary question types, students' grades will be lost after the completion of the migration as these question types are non-graded & belong to the Non-graded Self-Assessment learning activity. This is happening because you are basically choosing to migrate a graded learning activity (legacy) to a non-graded learning activity (new assessment builder) meant for students to get feedback on their work and not grades.
3. b When you wish to migrate a File Assignment (Legacy) learning activity (graded), you will be prompted to choose if you want to be migrated to one of the following (new assessment) question types of specific non-graded or graded learning activities:
If you choose the Upload your work question type students' grades will be lost after migration completion, as these activities are non-graded & belong to the Non-graded Self-Assessment learning activity. This is happening because you are basically choosing to migrate a graded learning activity (legacy) to a non-graded learning activity (new assessment builder) meant for students to get feedback on their work and not grades.
5. You should evaluate the new assessment before completing the migration process.
You can complete the migration immediately right after your evaluation or start it now and complete it another time (see below).
If you have started the migration, you can also go back and complete it another time. A yellow banner appears next to the legacy learning activity, indicating that it is under migration, but the users still see the old assessment until you finalize the process.
Hover over and click on Continue migration to be transferred to the new environment, and once you are ready, you can complete the migration as described above.
Once you assure that everything appears as desired with your questions, you can click on the Complete Migration button to complete the migration.
Even before the migration, you could Edit the Assessment questions, Customize their Design & Configure the Assessment Settings, but you couldn't add new/extra questions. After the migration is complete, you can perform all the aforementioned actions and also add new questions to the migrated questionnaire.