In this article, you will find information on all there is to know about subscription plans. Delve deeper into the intricacies of crafting, presenting, and fine-tuning subscription packages for your courses, ultimately boosting your earnings over the long term.
When to Use Subscriptions
Subscriptions are usually used when you:
1. Sell courses that are continuously updated with new content.
2. Sell courses at a higher -usually- one-off payment price or at a lower price via recurring payments (subscriptions).
3. Sell course, while ensuring recurring payments.
You should be in the Pro Trainer plan or higher and integrate Stripe as your payment gateway. Paid, Private, and Enrollment Closed types of courses can be added; however, subscription plans cannot include Free courses. Here are all the different types of courses in LearnWorlds.
Create Subscription Plans
Navigate to Marketing → Subscriptions and click on Create subscription plan. You can find out more in our respective article.
Sell Courses via Subscriptions
You can choose between the following options:
1. Subscriptions and one-off payments: Sell your courses via both subscriptions or one-off payments. Users can pay a one-time or recurring fee to access your course(s).
You can edit all the details, including courses or settings, apart from the subscription URL, the price, and the billing interval. If you want to change the price or billing interval, you must archive/delete the plan and create a new one. Check how to manage your plans here.
Manually Add Users to a Subscription
1. Via the Users page. This action should only be taken if you want to give access to the user for a specific duration. This manual subscription enrollment within your LearnWorlds school does not reflect on Stripe, and it does not involve any payment. You give out-of-charge access to the subscription hence we recommend setting the price as 0 (to avoid confusing your user). Check more info here.
2. Via your Stripe account. This is an action to take if you wish to manually enroll a user to a subscription so they will get enrolled in Stripe’s subscription “trial” mode and later be notified to enter their credit card details and get charged for the next billing cycles. See all the steps here.
Cancel a Subscription Plan
Manage the Subscription or add/edit the Payment Method
Multiple Subscription Plans
You can create as many subscriptions as you wish; however according to LearnWorlds functionality, a user can be subscribed only to one subscription plan at a time. It is not feasible for a user to subscribe to all the subscriptions of your school at the same time.