The external link learning activity can allow you to include a webpage as part of your course.
Create the External link learning activity
2. Go to Courses, find your course & then go to its Contents tab.
3. Click on Add an Activity.
4. Under the Embed category select the External link learning activity.
5. Give a title to your learning activity and click on Save or Save & Edit.
Paste your Page URL
1. To edit your External Page learning activity, hover over the learning activity and click on Settings.
2. Paste the URL of the desired page.
3. You can also Password protect this learning activity for users who only have the password.
Here is how an External link can appear to your users:
- Some websites (Google, Facebook, Amazon) do not allow content from their platforms to be showcased on different platforms. For instance, if you add https://www.google.com this is what you will be displayed:
- The links you can choose to reproduce from within your school should start with https protocol (you should add the external link including https://), meaning they must have an SSL certificate installed. In case of URLs without an SSL certificate issued (http), a workaround we can suggest is you replace the External Link learning activities with Ebook ones and add the link in the ebook as text, which your learners can follow.
- If you want to insert a page of your school as an external link, you will need to add ?preview=1 at the end of the URL in order to appear as an iframe within the course player.