If you already have an MS Word file related to the subject of your course, after you have created your course you can import the MS Word file and insert headings, links, or other elements in every part of your content you like.
1. Go to Contents of your course. There you can create an ebook learning activity and go to the Ebook authoring environment, by clicking on Edit ebook.
2. In the Ebook authoring panel click on Import MS word.
3. Click on Upload file, choose the word file you would like to upload, and click on Open.
4. Choose how you want the doc's formatting to be treated during the import:
a. Plain text: all formatting (bold, italic, etc) will be lost
b. Formatted text: Keeping the format of the original word document
5. Click on Import to start the process.
Note: Supported files are up to 10 MB, with only Latin characters in the title of the files (special characters like â, è, ü, etc are not supported).