ConvertKit is one of the most famous e-mail marketing tools and is highly preferred mostly by users that want to create automated email campaigns and dynamic email notifications with custom tags. With ConvertKit you will be able to also sync your collected leads and school users to your custom ConvertKit email lists in real-time.
Setup your ConvertKit Account
If you are new to ConvertKit, all you need to do is follow the next steps to make sure that you will have a seamless experience when integrating the platform with your School.
Learnworlds lets you sync to ConvertKit two distinct LearnWorlds groups: registered Users and Leads. For that reason, it provides you with the option to sync them to different ConvertKit audiences.
The user information in LearnWorlds that sync by default with ConvertKit is Full Name (First Name and Last Name) and Email. If you wish to further personalize your email campaigns with Users’ / Leads’ dynamic content you can add extra Custom Fields to your Forms. You can find out more about Custom Fields below:
A. User Custom Fields: Υou are able to sync with ConvertKit the following rich user information stored in LearnWorlds:
- General custom fields are populated as a result of the user’s activity.
- Custom sign-up fields are collected upon the user’s registration in your school.
- UTM parameters.
B. Leads Custom Fields: Learnworlds allows syncing the information set for each lead in your school with ConvertKit. This information is a mix of activity and Custom fields, populated as a result of the lead’s activity while subscribing from email grabbers and UTM fields.
- To sync any of these fields you need to first create the corresponding custom fields in the Forms you have selected for your Subscribers in ConvertKit.
- New custom fields will appear after the creation of new Custom Sign-up fields and tags created from the Newsletter sections (email grabber section).
Connect your ConvertKit Account with LearnWorlds
Since your ConvertKit Account and Forms are ready, now you can integrate them with your school. To do so:
1. Click on Settings → Integrations → Email marketing.
2. Click on the ConvertKit tab and then check the Activate box.
3. You will then notice that some new fields have appeared: ConvertKit API key and ConvertKit API Secret.
4. In order to fill these fields open your ConvertKit account and navigate to your Profile icon → Account Settings → Advanced.
5. Copy (CTRL + C) the API key and paste it to the respective field in your School integrations tab, and then click on Show to copy the API Secret.
6. Return to your school and paste them to respective fields and click Connect to ConvertKit.
Select your ConvertKit lists
You have the option to import your registered users to a ConvertKit list and add all of your leads captured on your pages (through email grabbers sections) to a separate (or even the same) list. Your leads will automatically be added to the selected ConvertKit list once they submit their e-mail.
Sync your contacts with ConvertKit
As soon as you have selected your lists all you need to do is click on Sync your contacts with ConvertKit. Use the Sync your contacts to ConvertKit button every time you select a new Audience to sync your school’s Users and/or Leads with.
Use the Update forms button every time you need to make available the latest Audience changes in LearnWorlds.
Note: Your users and the changes in their data are synchronized automatically, in real-time. However, if you add tags via an excel file, as shown in our respective article, or if you add tags, after a mass import of users to your online school, the user tags will not be synced with your ConvertKit accounts.
When a user (or you, on behalf of the user), performs an action in LearnWorlds, the latter will automatically apply an action-specific tag to that user in ConvertKit
Auto-tagging is available for the following actions:
- User enrolls in a product: A product can be any course (paid, free, or with payment plan), bundle, or subscription. The action will also be triggered by manual enrollments.
- User previews a free section of a paid course.
- User is awarded a certificate.
- User completes a course.
- User is a paying customer: The lw-paying-customer tag is applied to any user who has purchased at least one course.
According to ConvertKit Glossary take a few moments to review the terminology we use to discuss audiences and Custom Fields.
- Forms: a collection of contacts and audiences, along with their profile details, preferences, and other data.
- Custom fields: a place where specific contact details are stored, like a cell in a spreadsheet.
- Tags: a unique, text-based identifier that corresponds to the data in an audience field.
- Dynamic content: the personalized or, otherwise, unique content that's inserted into a campaign by a Custom Field.
Note: You can integrate with more than one email marketing platform if you have different forms and campaigns on each one of them!