User Analytics is a powerful and flexible analytics engine that helps you to interpret and analyze data about courses, users, and learning activities. User Analytics is divided into five sections: User Progress, User Segments, Course Insights, Scheduled Reports, and the Reports log page.
In this article, we will elaborate on how to use the User Progress & Segments tools.
Go to Reports Center → User progress to start creating your reports. The User Progress view is ideal for:
1. Monitoring and reporting on the educational aspect of your school using multiple filters (available in the Pro Trainer plan or higher).
2. Exporting regular reports or detailed reports for your users’ progress.
In our Learning Center plan and above, detailed progress reports are available to select when exporting user progress.
Details reports include more information on the Course Summary, Progress Status and Time Spent on each learning activity, and Scores.
In addition, you have the advanced search available to combine multiple filters (Learning Center plan+), which is a shortcut from the features available under the User Segments tab.
Go to Reports Center → User Segments. You can use the User Segments menu to:
1. Add combined search filters to determine which users satisfy the criteria.
2. Save the Segments.
3. You can View the Preset Segments and your custom segments if you want to edit them further.
4. Export the report as a CSV or Xls file.
5. You can apply to the users resulting from your filters' specific tags. It’s especially useful for corporate training where you might split your users into different groups of customers or teams within a company. If more have been applied earlier, the final exported file will also contain the overview of users' tags.
All these steps are available in the Learning Center plan and above.
In both the Advanced User Progress and User Segments menus, there are shortcuts available to:
1. Save a segment.
2. View your segments.
3. Schedule reports (Learning Center plans+). You can find out more on how to Schedule reports in our relevant article.
You can find below the available features in each plan.
Learning Center and higher+
Filtering User Progress
Export User Progress
Advanced & Detailed User Progress Reporting
|Custom User Segments|
|Tagging Users from Segments|
|Exporting Preset & Custom Segments|