User Analytics is a powerful and flexible analytics engine that helps you to interpret and analyze data about courses, users, and learning activities. User Analytics is divided into five sections: User Progress, User Segments, Course Insights, Scheduled Reports, and the Reports log page.
In this article, we will elaborate on how to use the User Progress & Segments tools.
Go to Reports Center → User progress, to start creating your reports. The User Progress view is ideal for:
1. Monitoring and reporting on the educational aspect of your school using multiple filters (Pro Trainer plan+).
2. Exporting regular reports or detailed reports for your users’ progress.
In our Learning Center plan and above, detailed progress reports are available to select when exporting user progress.
Details reports include more information on the courses Summary, Progress Status and Time Spent on each learning activity, and Scores.
In addition, you have the advanced search available in order to combine multiple filters (Learning Center plan+) which is a shortcut from the features available under the User Segments tab.
Go to Reports Center → User Segments. You can use the User Segments menu to:
1. Add combined search filters to find out which users satisfy the criteria.
2. Save the Segments.
3. You can View the Preset Segments and your custom segments in case you would like to further edit them.
4. Export the report as a CSV or Xls file.
5. You can apply to the users resulting from your filters specific tags. It’s especially useful for corporate training where you might split your users into different groups of customers or teams within a company. Kindly note that the final exported file will also contain the overview of users' tags if more have been applied at an earlier stage.
All these steps are available in the Learning Center plan and above.
In both the Advanced User Progress and User Segments menus, there are shortcuts available in order to:
1. Save a segment.
2. View your segments.
3. Schedule reports (Learning Center plans+). You can find out more on how to Schedule reports in our relevant article.
- For our Learning Center plans or higher, it is feasible to create a specific user role, that will only be able to export the reports for a specific group of users and not have access to any other interface pages in your school. If you are interested, submit a ticket, and our support team will be more than happy to help!
- You can find below the available features in each plan.
Learning Center and higher+
Filtering User Progress
Export User Progress
Advanced & Detailed User Progress Reporting
|Custom User Segments|
|Tagging Users from Segments|
|Exporting Preset & Custom Segments|