This user guide is provided by LearnWorlds to help you support your users. Feel free to edit and brand this guide before you add it to a FAQ page on your school or any email template.
In this guide, you will find the available ways how you can visit your classmates' profiles, how to communicate with each other and contact the school staff.
Once you open the Course player, you can detect three different tabs Path, Learners, Discuss (these options may vary according to school settings).
In the Learners tab, you can find all the users who have enrolled in this specific course. By clicking on a particular user card, you will be transferred to the user's profile. There, you can click on the Contact button and send them a direct message. The message will be sent to the user's inbox.
In the Discuss tab, you can find all the comments that have been posted on the course so far and you will be able to add a new one if you wish to.
- You can also find the list of all users and contact them, by navigating to the school's topbar and clicking on the Other Learners option (this option may vary according to school settings). You will be redirected to the People page, where you can choose a particular user, click on the user card and you will be transferred to the user's profile page.
- In case you would like to ask anything from a specific user or member of the staff, you can go to the Discuss tab and tag them, by typing the @ in front of the username. They will receive a notification message in their inbox. The tag ability applies in the exact same way if you will post anything on the Community page.
On the Community page, you are able to make posts and polls, communicate with other users (not only the users who have enrolled in a specific course), create groups, and share anything you wish to in a particular group of users.
On the Community page, you can check out:
- The people you have followed.
- The people you are following.
- The entire activity of the Community (posts, polls that have been posted).
- The Groups you have created or you can create a new group from scratch (if the school settings allow that action).
In order to send a direct message to a user, you can click on the Inbox option on the topbar (this option usually is located on the topbar and may vary according to school settings). You will be redirected to the Inbox page, where you can create a message.
To contact a teacher from your school directly, you can click on the Ask Instructor which can be found in your topbar's navigation (this option may vary according to school, settings).